Friday, September 09, 2011

The upcoming anniversary

There is an anniversary coming up for a criminal event. The horrific nature of the event itself and the subsequent perversion of civil reality along with the consequent destruction of innocent lives, property and the permanent establishment of state power as an end unto itself renders me unable to reverently mourn, in public, those innocent lives lost or properly acknowledge the sacrifices of individuals whose acts are obscured by the innumerable crimes and enduring lies of the vultures who have profited politically and financially from the event on every side.

While I am not a believer, I can see a kind of wisdom in Matthew 6:6...

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Regardless of whether a "reward" is forthcoming, I will have to sort my grief out on my own I guess.

No comments: