Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Spam is not just a job...

I figured that my regular commenters would prefer to forego the Captcha-style identity verification so that they may comment easily on the blog. While it is a noble quest, I now find myself saddled 2 to 5 times per day with comment moderation requests for various spammy adverts or possibly even malware.

I don't mind marking them all as spam. The price for a free place to blog and a convenient commenting zone is a bit of horse pucky. I suspect that it will continue since all replies are anonymous and target the more politically juicy posts from the last 5 years.

...it is an adventure. However, if I start requiring a valid log on, you will know why.

2 comments:

Pandabonium said...

Oh good, no pat downs. :o

On the downside, we don't get to play word verification games.

Don Snabulus said...

You make a good point, there were some good word verifications to make daffynitions and sniglets out of.

Nonetheless, it is nice to just post w/o some occasionally unreadable mess to decipher. Blogger is better than most though.