Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Viking is Biking

Hi there. I rode about 39 miles today on my bicycle. I got these fancy kevlar street tires to replace my knobbies and, thanks to a cool and wet summer, my first long ride included a spill that still hurts my wrist. Today was perfect with temps in the low 80s and a nice light breeze. My street tires once again had problems for about 5 miles of thick gravel, but what the heck...no falls.

It was nice to ride with El Tigre and Seymour Deth and I hope for a good ride next weekend before school starts.

I am happy to be blogging and communicating with some good folks again. Technology is an unknowable cross between "1984", Kafka, some ebullient Apple commercial, and an amazing banana split. Who knows which one it really is.

4 comments:

ze bulette said...

39 miles! That is impressive. I could use some of your gumption - beer & baseball have not been kind to me this summer.

Don Snabulus said...

I envy your baseball watching...our team flew the coup. I resemble the beer comment...I've gained weight this summer and shudder to think what I might weigh in the absence of the biking.

Pandabonium said...

I haven't ridden 39 miles in decades. Good for you. Sorry about your wrist. Morphing tires are needed so one can ride on any terrain.

I don't know the answer to your technology question other than to say that I'm pretty sure it ain't no banana split. ;^)

Don Snabulus said...

Until last spring, I hadn't ridden that far in my life. Thankfully, we ride for enjoyment rather than speed and we average about 10 miles per hour with the usual stoppages (lights, water breaks, etc.).

I like the morphing tires idea.