Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween Questions

Arkonbey had a fun questionnaire and I thought I would get in on it.

1.What is the worst treat to get when trick-or-treating?

I got a toothbrush once...likely from a dentist. It wasn't terrible, but not what I was looking for.

2.What character from any horror film would you most like to play?

Gomez Addams

3.Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? (why)

Alien: Specifically a non-humanoid one.

4.How many Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Nightmare on Elm Street movies combined do you have on dvd?

None...not my kind of thing. Saw Halloween I and Friday the 13th on TV though.

5.What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

Schindler's List

6. Lamest costume you have worn on Halloween?

Admittedly, most of them.

7. Favorite Halloween treat?

Nestle Crunch bars (the little ones)

8. Friendly-faced jack o’lantern or scary one?

Weird or artistic.

9.Have you ever had nightmares about a scary movie character chasing you?

No. But I was attacked by the panther in my black light poster (similar to the one below) in a dream and it did quite a lot of damage to my flesh before I woke up.



10.Best thing about Halloween?

Seeing kids enjoy their alter egos.

11.Strangest Halloween custom you’ve heard of?

Harvest festivals where people are "scared of the worshipping the devil."

12.Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?

My daughter

13.Are you superstitious? If so, name at least one superstition of yours.

Sometimes, but I try to beat down the impulse when it arises.

5 comments:

Pandabonium said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pandabonium said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pandabonium said...

Take III (I promise I'll stop with this one no matter what I screw up!)
Cool, thanks.

1) Those orange marshmallow peanuts. Inedible. Invented in the 1800s and taste like they are still using the original batch.

2) Klatu (Okay so The Day the Earth Stood Still wasn't a horror flick).

3) Alien.

4) None. I like films such as Psycho rather than those listed.

5) Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi

6) Badly done mummy

7) Butterfinger

8) One of each.

9) Nope. My nightmares are more like being in a faulty elevator or a car with no brakes. What does that mean, Doctor?

10) Seeing kids get to express themselves creatively

11) People who tell kids that the "or" in Trick or Treat should really be "for" and it means that the kids have to perform a trick to get a treat. (Are they are asking for a nasty trick big time, or what?)

12) My two granddaughters (ages 3 & 7)

13) Na. Cross my heart and hope to die.

Happy Halloween!

Arkonbey said...

@snab:

1) I suppose that's slightly better than sugar-free gum...
2) I'm betting the John Astin version and not the Raul Julia.

6) damn, that sucks. Sorry about your childhood ;)

9) Zowie! Does that explain (6)?

Don Snabulus said...

PB - Nice list!

Ark - Funny, I was thinking more of my adult costumes than my kid costumes. My mom made some good ones and I had a couple store bought specials. As an adult, I ran into more budget problems followed by apathy when I finally did have money. This year I am dressing as Jayne Cobb from Firefly (including the shiny hat).