Sunday, April 26, 2009

April Blooms

I resurrected my best digital camera on the hope that it was battery problem rather than a camera problem and got lucky. So now I have a decent camera for the first time in almost 2 years.

Here are the results of the first couple forays into our yard and in Washington Park above Portland, Oregon.

These pictures are from our own yard:



These are the leaves of our water-catching lupine. No flowers yet on this one.



Several years ago, I planted a wild bleeding heart that I bought at some native plant sale for a non-profit organization. It has slowly spread and is doing quite well.



This is an ornamental flower (I believe it is in the mint family) that Ladybug is growing in a hanging planter.

Washington Park stuff is still to come...

11 comments:

Arkonbey said...

wow, Spring is springing out there! I love the leaves on that lupine.

It's just the end of winter up here; sap runs are over. All we've got are some kind of flowers that are white or yellow and smell really nice. That's about the extent of my horticultural knowledge.

The Moody Minstrel said...

It's about time you guys got something resembling spring over there!

techxpose said...

I wish it was that green here. Flowers are starting to sprout out of the ground but the grass is still a dead looking green at the moment. But at least all of the snow is gone now. Great pictures Don, you officially have made me jealous of Portland's Springtime.

The Colorman said...

Green....
and purple too

Don Snabulus said...

Ark,

Our native maple has no sap run. It is know for leaves big enough to cover a Canadian flag though.

MM,

Indeed.

Tec,

We had snow in March this year, which until recently was quite rare. I am glad it warmed up. Hopefully, your neck of the woods warms up soon.

Colorman,

Nyez.

ladybug said...

Lovely! and I didn't even know you had taken them....the little mint/thing turned out really nice!

Now maybe you can take some pics of our other bleeding hearts!

Arkonbey said...

LB: bleeding hearts? darn liberals ;)

The Moody Minstrel said...

Next add some warm, fuzzy pussy willow to the mix to go with the bleeding hearts.

Dean Wormer said...

Those pictures are lovely, don.

Pandabonium said...

Lupines? Your lupines or your life!

Don Snabulus said...

LB,

Dang bleeding hearts! ;)

Ark,

You beat me to it ;)

MM,

Are you insinuating something? Nah.

DW,

Thanks!

PB,

We don't want any more bloody lupines! We want food and money!