Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ok, here we are again - Spring has sprung and it's time for "Wearin' of the Green" and some good food too! Here are some links to the traditional fare I make for family: Corned Beef & Cabbage and Lucky Lime Dessert (leave out the pineapple for my version).

I also have several cute Leprechauns made by Annalee that I use to decorate our home for holiday. I can safely say that St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holiday, besides Halloween. I often wish I could be in Chicago or New York one year to see the big Parades they have...but one which is inclusive (and smaller, so maybe more enjoyable!) is the St. Pat's for ALL Parade & Festival in Queens, NY. Besides, on St. Patrick's Day, I want to party, not listen to alot of preaching!

8 comments:

Arkonbey said...

Happy St. P's Day to you all. Here's a little something Irish for the special day.

ladybug said...

That's perfect! I know Snabby will really appreciate it too!

Dean Wormer said...

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I'm a little worred, though. I'm peeing green and I haven't even had any green beer yet.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Oh, right. March. St. Paddy's Day. Thanks for reminding me.

Time to go stock up...

Dave said...

According to legend, St. patrick drove al the snakes out of Ireland.

I wonder if the ghost of St. Patrick would visit congress.

I will not be drinking beer this year, green or otherwise. I am currently engaged in a program to deal with my passion for that substance.

My chair is green.

I have been to Ireland on St. Patrick's day. You will have to imagine trying to get to the bar counter through the pressing of thousands of Irish celebrators. Absolutley an adorable little country.

ingmaver - oh hell, I can't think of anything.

catpsi said...

frankly, i must confess to considering adding green food coloring to some Harp (Irish lager) for the the cheap effect of it, but then it dawned on me that the stuff might not be good for me (the food coloring that is, not the beer), and also that i don't have a bit of irish in me. Níl an focal faighte I reckon...

Don Snabulus said...

I have the Irish flu...does that count?

word verification: Convio - the world's first web-based trucking company.

Pandabonium said...

Well, me wee daughter went to Notre Dame University, so I suppose I must make some to-do about St. Paddy's day, even though our blood line is full of sauerkraut.

namzers - what Heinlein would have called Vietnamese if he had written a novel about that war.