Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I am thankful for all who read and/or comment here.

I thought about putting up a YouTube video I saw recently in which Sarah Palin is doing an interview oblivious to the turkeys being rendered in the background. However, I am sure you can find it if you are curious.

Instead I will refer you to our post about Alice's restaurant from last year. That is a much funner tradition than delving into the realities of turkey production and political ineptitude.

UPDATE: If you want to listen to studio version of Alice's Restaurant, Tennessee Guerilla Women blog has a link to the MP3.

3 comments:

ladybug said...

Alice's Restaurant is a fun tradition...along w/the Green Bean casserole and from-the-can cranberry sauce...

Yum!

Arkonbey said...

Is there anyone who's parents were hippies who DON'T have Alice's Restaurant as a beloved tradition?

The other tradition that we had when I was younger that I miss now is my dad and his brother getting baked and playing Risk with me (me = not baked).

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Moody Minstrel said...

I come from a conservative family, unfortunately. No Alice's Restaurant, and the only thing baked was the potatoes (and occasionally my grandfather if he wasn't careful with the wine).