Sunday, November 16, 2008

Answering the Challenge (My Own Way)

1. Five names you go by:

a. Kevin
b. Kebin-sensei
c. The Moody Minstrel
d. Moody
e. ano gaijin

2. Three things you are wearing right now:

a. Black jacket by "Comme Ça Ism" (a gift from the wife...but I've heard that when I wear it at the school it makes me look like a "fushinsha" [lit. a "suspicious person"]). 
b. Bright blue Dunhill necktie (bought for a steal at a famous duty-free shop in Sydney).
c. Glasses.  (Gucci, believe it or not!)

3. Two things you want very badly at the moment:

a. A real weekend...or even one full day off.
b. A studio with a grand piano, recording gear, and a splendid view of the ocean.

4. Three people who will probably fill this out:

Doubtful, but I'd like to see Seymour, Kami, and Olivia do this.

5. Two things you did last night:

a. Got carried away writing on the Impasse blogventure.
b. Tried and failed to go to bed early for a change and get some sleep.

6. Two things you ate today:

a. Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Raisins & Spice.
b. Calorie Mate nutrition bars

7. Two people you last talked to on the phone:

a. Mr. Ogawa.
b. Mr. Yamazaki (director of the Kashima Seaside Jazz Festival last Saturday).

8. Two things you are going to do tomorrow:

a. Teach four classes and endure at least two meetings.
b. Try not to lose either my lunch or my mind.

9. Two longest single-day car (not bus, etc.) rides:

a. Milwaukie, OR to Boise, ID (10 hours/distance uncertain)
b. Milwaukie, OR to Nyssa, CA (8 hrs/distance uncertain)

10. Two of your favorite beverages:

a. Coke & Myers Rum
b. Tully's French Roast


Now let me add my own extra meme for all of you (with a tip of the powdered wig to Kami):

If you saw me in the back of a police car, what would you think I was there for?

6 comments:

Arkonbey said...

duh. If you were in the back of a police car, you'd be there for being a suspicious person.

Or you went crazy at a meeting after losing your lunch.

Don Snabulus said...

I know, but I can't say anything on the advice of my lawyer.

Um Naief said...

i love the studio w/ the grand piano w/ the view of the ocean! how peaceful and what a wonderful place to have to compose music!!

i like this quiz. let's me see another side of you.

if i saw you in the back of a police car... hmmm... i'd have to wonder if you got into a fight at school or something w/ one of the teachers! ;) or better yet, one of the other music instructors. ;p

Pandabonium said...

On your way to talk one of your students out of a hostage standoff situation.

Corn Cob Bob said...

"If you saw me in the back of a police car, what would you think I was there for?"

Bad puns?

(or is that answer too corny?)

Dave said...

Hmmm,

Well, I actually was in the back of a police car but not for anything malicious, you tell me your story and I will tell you mine!

Oh, by the way, there are generally no such thing as door handles in the back of a patrol car!