Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shifting Gears



One more day until vacation. From monster stress to several days of alone time. This is the kind of transition I can get my mind around. Since I chose ole Jack in the previous post in one of his more psychotic roles, I thought Easy Rider was a bit better direction to go. Believe it or not, I saw a stars-and-stripes kid's helmet just like Peter Fonda's about a month ago when I was helping my Dad clean out his storage area. He still has the darn thing. Hopefully I will come back with some nice fall foliage shots and get them on line before the first snows.

In the mean time, we can look forward to some of the most inane advertising in the next 2 weeks as the election I think of as Cognitive Dissonance 2008 nears. Well, you can...I am going to try to avoid the whole thing.

8 comments:

Some self-righteous git said...

[nasal]Do you realize that by avoiding the election you are handing a victory to your least favorable candidate?[/nasal]

Hey, my word verification is "hines". They don't say "hines" unless I say they say "hines"! Or is it a semantically challenged version of "Heinz" manifesting itself as a subliminal urging to "catch up"?

Don Snabulus said...

Oh, I will vote. I am going to try to avoid the TV/radio blitz, that's all.

Heinz (Kerry) is so 2004.

Dave said...

Normally I would vote by absentee ballot, but I am excited about seeing all the weirdness at the polls this year. With any luck, my vote will actually count. I fully expect the voting machine to change my vote after I select anyway. We all know who is going to win. However, it would be unpatriotic of me to disent having not made an honest effort myself.

We should all ride motorcycles. I want a Darth Vader helmet.

DewKid said...

I already cast my vote by mail, so I can pretty much ignore the rest of the silliness. The election this year is one of the biggest in a long time, and will really determine the direction of this country, for better or worse.

Honestly, I haven't noticed the politcal ads being any more or less different than years past. Our system pretty much props two people up that neither side really wants, everybody shouts a lot and calls each other names, and then we have to vote for one of them.

Fun stuff!

Dean Wormer said...

The answer is a "Serenity" party at my house.

Shiny.

Swinebread said...

Enjoy your time off!

The Moody Minstrel said...

Happy to be on the other side of the ocean (at least while all this is going on)!

Don Snabulus said...

dave,

We can't go to the polls because there aren't any. I kind of like it that way. I can vote in my underwear!

DK,

Ain't it the truth. The Simpson episode with the Dole and Clinton aliens captured it a long time ago.

DW,

And it was fun! Shiny indeed.

SB,

Tanks of snot...I mean, thanks a lot.

MM,

Can you see me waving across the ocean?