Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Catching up on the previous summer

School is in session and the punch has gone out of the local heat waves as summer bids adieu to the northwest. For those that recall, we painted our house and the MiniSnab (and friend) painted and redecorated her bedroom. Here is a short visual chronicle of those events...



This is the color scheme. For some odd reason, we haven't taken many pictures of the place. Nonetheless, we are happy with the outcome.



MiniSnab's pre-makeover bedroom. Ouch!




After picture 1 shows that MiniSnab is not afraid of color. Vivid is the keyword.



After picture 2 shows the sweet look of organization. While there have been brief periods of degradation, the overall choice to letting her choose her own colors and decor (within a certain budget) has been a positive experience for all of us. I must admit that I feared the color scheme would be too LOUD, but in reality it cheers up the whole house. In addition, her investment in her own vision propels her to not let her invention become ruined with clutter. Definitely a win-win.

Next up, Seaside!!! (possibly a 3 part gig)

8 comments:

Arkonbey said...

Are you counting the days until the brightly colored room becomes as disorganized as the pre-brightly colored room?

That said, it actually looks nice. Good color choices.

I had to fight for our den to be red.

Dave said...

Um, wow, some colors. But then my niece has closet doors painted fire engine red.

Don Snabulus said...

Red-lovers...

Our front door is brick red; does that count?

Ark,

She is self-managing so far. I think she will probably oscillate back and forth, but personal sovereignty is a big deal to her, so I think it will be cleaner over the long haul.

Dave,

Are they shiny like a fire truck too?

Pandabonium said...

The house looks nice. And what an excellent makeover of MiniSnab's room. How do the fish like it?

The Moody Minstrel said...

I see a red door and I want to paint it black...

I mean blue...

I mean green...

I mean...WOW.

Don Snabulus said...

PB,

The fish seems happy. So do the snails.

MM,

Wow is right. It is even wowier in person.

Dean Wormer said...

Look at all those shoes.

She is a mini-Helmsley not a mini-Snab.

:)

ElTigrez said...

Blue. No ... I mean green ..what? *arrrrggghhhhhhh* (into the valley of death)

Shoes...you sure she has enough room for shoes? I see more shelves in the future ...Mini Snab productions. ;)~