Friday, June 20, 2008

Stuff

I added a new link to the right...

Thep's World

He is a friend and fellow geek with a new blog. Please go say Hi!

We are steeped in summertime activities...painting, biking, and not as much web surfing. Our friend and another guy are spraying the house as I write this. The color scheme is a big improvement over oatmeal beige and dark dark green.

This is the old (our door is the dark green)...



Here is the new (swatch courtesy of Behr paint):



The shady willow is the main color with nesting dove trim. We are trying the red bluff on the door. We may change it if we don't like it.

For those contemplating painting your home, you have a lot of pre-work if you have an older home. We had to remove and replace a fair amount of dry-rotted siding. The folks at Evans Glass took a holiday on caulking the windows properly, so that had to be redone. I would guess that over 100 nails, pins, hooks, etc. required removal. Add on sanding, fillwork on cracks, then priming and it adds up to a major job. My hat is off to Ladybug big-time for doing the lion's share of the work until our neighbor took over (for $$$ of course). I had a couple hard days work and that is about it. My day job has been keeping me busy with about $750k in the sales pipeline that includes a load of new functionality.

I've been riding the eBike (mostly) 3 to 4 times per week to work. I am hoping to burn off some lard, save a little money, and get some fresh air in the process. It is going well.

The political season is underway completely overshadowing the real issues in the world and our live (as always). They should have the damned election tomorrow. I doubt there are many on the fence and those that are can go look at the Senatorial record of both candidates to see how badly they are going to get screwed by corporate interests. In the mean time, it is going to be a giant BS circus overshadowing Iraq, Afghanistan, surveillance, torture, economic torpor, resource price inflation, floods, earthquakes, and tornadoes. It makes me look forward to the age of the robots (cue Overdroid).



Moody Minstrel started an online campaign of an old homebrew sci-fi role playing game called Impasse. We are having a blast so far. Thanks Moody (and a big shout out to any Foldorians reading this).

Anyway, enjoy your weekend.

5 comments:

ladybug said...

Ha ha! Nice tribute to Beaniac...she and her friends turned us on to the wacky Kiwi duo "Flight of the Conchords"-you can find alot of their stuff on Youtube.

And they're mildly cute...for youngsters (no Raddle Crabbing!).

Tee Hee.

The Moody Minstrel said...

My house got aluminum siding (whether I wanted it or not). Paint? Whazzat?

Hmm...I wonder what my front door would look like in red bluff!

Rejuvenating things is always nice. Take "Impasse", for example!

Ce'Bace!

([shay BAHshay] - Yangae for "Till next time!")

Arkonbey said...

Glad the biking is working out. Don't you feel better when you get to work? Like it's not really so bad? I sort of miss the days when I lived 7 miles from work. The 15 now is a bit of a day-killer, but we lived in a crappy apartment complex then.

So, is 'nesting dove' different from 'flying dove' or 'sitting dove' or 'taxidermied dove'?

Our house is cedar-sided. No paint. Except for the 'arterial blood' red of the deck. No. really.

Swinebread said...

LB told me about your adventures in paint glad you ended up getting what you needed.

I happy to hear you are biking again!

Pandabonium said...

Nice colors. That sounds like too much work (cue Maynard G Krebs), but I'm sure it will be a nice transformation.