Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Book Meme

Tagged by Swinebread with another blog nugget!

It’s the Book meme. I have to grab the nearest book, turn to page 123, locate the fifth sentence, and then post the next three sentences on my blog, and then tag five other people.

The book is Tales of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

The passage is:

"A little gift," Diamond said indistinctly. "Enough for Tricks."
"How do you know that?"
Rose was very dark-skinned, with a cloud of crinkled hair, a thin mouth, an intent, serious face.

I tag whoever wants to be tagged.

8 comments:

Arkonbey said...

Ah. LeGuin. Did you read her article where she bashed the Sci-Fi channel for ruining her book?

The Moody Minstrel said...

In my case the nearest book is the instruction manual for the CD update pack for my car navigation system. It's written in Japanese, meaning it probably wouldn't show up in the browsers of most of the people that visit here, anyway.

'Tink I'll pass...

Swinebread said...

It's sad we'll never gat a good adaption

Don Snabulus said...

Ark,

I did. It really did suck too. That's our Sci-Fi channel.

MM,

Si, Das ist Jacque.

SB,

Maybe some Peter Jackson type will some day. It would be nice if UKL could see something good like that while she is still alive.

Dave said...

The nearest book was the yellow pages.

yellow yellow yellow

our prices pizza will beat anyone and we offer free towing so have your new carpet installed today!

Pandabonium said...

The nearest book is Billy Budd by Herman Melville. It doesn't have 123 pages.

Don Snabulus said...

dave,

mmmm pizza.

pb,

We had to read Budd in high school and I think there was a film too. I can't remember a thing about it including if I actually read it (I did some Cliff Note work in high school...bad Don). If it is that short, maybe I ought to read it for real this time.

Dean Wormer said...

Le Guin.

Awesome. An Oregonian.