Thursday, February 21, 2008

Getting Better

After nearly a week of slowly worsening cold symptoms deepening into lung congestion that kept getting nastier each day, I finally headed to the doctor to resort to chemical warfare. My lungs aren't so good ever since a bout of pneumonia in my younger adulthood, so I can't spend too much time messing around with it. After a few days of about 8x my normal Vitamin C intake along with some other herbal and natural means, it was clear the bugs were winning, so I opted to see the Doc. The Doc was out of the office for most of the week, so I went to the urgent care where I urgently sat for over 2 hours reading a book (The Amber Spyglass) before I spent my 3 minutes with the Other Doc to learn what I already knew.

The antibiotics are kicking in which means I need to reseed my belly with some active culture yogurt and so forth. My cough is better already and the rest is slowly getting there. Hopefully I will feel human in another day or two.

(creepy voice here...) Part VII is nigh.

3 comments:

The Moody Minstrel said...

There seem to be a lot of nasty bugs going around. Last week my whole family except me was wiped out. This week I caught the bug (the reason I was in bed with a menthol mask when I had that weird nightmare and subsequent weirdness), but it cleared up after only about a day or two. A lot of the students and teachers around me are wearing flu masks, which is always an indication of some serious microbial warfare.

Hay fever season is already starting, too. It never rains, but it pours.

Pandabonium said...

We hope you're on the mend and feeling well soon. Funny coincidence you were reading The Amber Spyglass - just today, K's book order of a boxed set of three Philip Pullman books arrived, including that one.

I wear a mask sometimes while riding the bike in winter - just to keep my face warm. Never thought of menthol as a psychoactive drug. Moody may start a fad. Where's Donovan? "they call it mellow menthol, quite rightly..."

Be well

Dean Wormer said...

You have to get better than July.

We're going to be humming De do do do asn we walk on the moon.

:-)