Sunday, February 03, 2008

Crazy Comedy Break!

I just re-watched a kooky 1969 movie I originally saw on late night TV in the 80's...(ok, very early morning TV)...and yes it was so "memorable" I finally was able to get it on VHS.

Anyway-all I could think was WTF??!! It's got a Barbarella sensibility mixed up with psychelic 60's Eastern mumbo-jumbo...plus Richard Burton, James Coburn, John Huston and Ringo Starr...among others.

What's this wonderfully wacky film? None other than CANDY, based on the banned book by Terry Southern and Mason Hoffenburg....Terry wrote dialogue for Easy Rider-just so you know where this is headed. The buxom blond lead was played by Ewa Aulin, a Swede. Yea....


But here is the trailer....I think it tells it all!



Thanks Swinebread & Dean...I think we all could use some "Candy"!

4 comments:

Swinebread said...

That looks hilarious! Who needs CG when we've got Candy!

Don Snabulus said...

It was a strange movie. It seemed like a B movie, but it had so many stars in it. Definitely a product of its time.

Dean Wormer said...

I really like the idea of watching that and Barbarella and Zardoz all in a row.

I will need a serious cocktail in that event, however.

ladybug said...

What's really interesting is my reaction to the movie as time goes by..(and other movies, like Diva & Meatballs)...as I grow older and my perspective shifts, some scenes have unusual impact.

I still enjoy this film immensly, and look forward to a Candy/Barbarella/Zardoz trifecta of silly badness!