Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ye Olde Christmas Tagge

The Moody Minstrel tagged me to answer 20 questions about my Christmas opinions. Here they are:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? No. Wassail.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? No. See Question 8.
3. Colored or white lights? Both
4. Do you hang mistletoe? If I want to.
5. When do you put your decorations up? All year. We decorate for all seasons.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Ladybug
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Putting up the lights, watching the lights, eating the lights, and the nice nurses working at the hospital on Christmas day (the last 2 are lies)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? SantaTruth.org or it just got totally obvious...not sure which.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. I open most gifts on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With my hands.
11. Snow: Love it or hate it?
No
12. Can you ice skate? Can you?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Trying to spread the word that generosity works better for 12 months than just one and that people suffer in July just as harshly as in December.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Krumkake
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Being with family
17. What is on top of your tree? The entire universe.
18. Which do you like best giving or receiving? I like run-on sentences the best.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Not sure, but Dona Nobis Pacem and Silent Night are near the top.
20. Do you like candy canes? For what purpose?

6 comments:

ladybug said...

Ha Ha! I like Wassail too...hmm hmm, I'm going to have to think about mine for a bit...

Pandabonium said...

Here We Come A Wassailing...

Swinebread said...

Didn't you tell me you waited up for Santa to eat his milk and cookies?

Dave said...

HO HO HO and a bottle of Eggnog!

(Pirate Santa)

The Moody Minstrel said...

Dave, haven't you heard? Santa is now officially banned from saying "HO HO HO" in public because it offends the sensitivities of too many hopeless pantywastes who can't seem to get a life.

His obesity is under attack, too.

Re #7: When I was 2 years old I actually feasted on a glass christmas tree ornament...a pretty, BLUE ball...and wound up in the hospital. (I'm NOT lying!)

Dave said...

HO HO HO! Moody, I think that those people who want to ban Santa's laugh aren't really concerned about the effect on people as much as they are looking for an excuse to ban Christmas.

I wonder if Santa would eat sugar free cookies and skim milk.