Friday, November 02, 2007

Verboort Sausage & Kraut Time Again!


Hey ya'll , it's that time again folks! Where the "crazy lady" gets up somewhere around 3am to drive out deep in the county in search of homemade sausage, kraut and camaraderie! The pic here is some generic folks in line, but gives you a good idea of how many people hang out and wait in the dark for this event! Now if you have the time, the title bar link takes you to an old post of mine for more info...and if you like to read alot!

This year is also complicated by the fact our daughter's final event for Color Guard are the North West Marching Band Championships at OSU on the same day, in a town far far away! Here's a MAP to show you how far away it is! We live on Hwy 26 closer into Portland...of course all you local "Snabolians" already have an idea of our conundrum! We may have bag the NWMBC (she's riding the bus w/the rest of the band anyhoo) and it costs $15 per person just to get in! Verboort is closer and will feed us for months to come....

Now we gotta see if we can beg, borrow or steal some pics from the kid's performance....goll darn, the thought of the Gravenstein applesause that comes w/the dinner is making my mouth water again! (It's homemade too!)

Which reminds me I need to kick myself in the behind and start canning applesauce in the Fall again. Can't stand the stuff in the stores! Then all I need to do is make me some pie, and old-fashioned coleslaw...I'll have the dinner down!

15 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Sho 'nuff, y'all. Sounds like Ladybug has a blade of grass between her teeth with that writin'.

Anyhoo, I am looking forward to the good eats and trying to figure out if I can spare the time for the big drive to Cornvalley-O (Corvallis).

Dean Wormer said...

Hey, what IS that event anyway?

Dean Wormer said...

Hey, what IS that event anyway?

Dean Wormer said...

Dean, you spaz.

Swinebread said...

Well food is important and good food is very important.

ladybug said...

Dean...I'm surprised you haven't heard of it...been around since the '30's...

Here's a rinky poo for more info

http://www.verboort.org/dinner/

You'll probably have to cut 'n' paste into your web browser though..

Anonymous said...

Eltigris: we will invade your house... hog a space at the table...and demand... *dinner*

ladybug said...

You're one Etigris! How 'bout a Monty Python or MST3K fest as an excuse?

Dean Wormer said...

Thanks!

I checked out the webpage and read about past events and just want to say something about the sound of that event just makes me... happy.

Besides the fact it sounds like fun (and delicious) it reminded me how many cool little communities there are in this state that do neat little events and festivals, some times with decades of history behind them.

We have a lot of stuff going on tomorrow but if there's any way I can make it out there to that thing I will.

Dean

Some cat said...

I can haz sausij?

Some rabbit said...

I disapprove of LOLcats!

Don Snabulus said...

I sense a Minstrel in the Gallery.

Some guy named Ian said...

Yes, I sense him, too, looking down upon the smiling faces.

He met the gazes, observed the spaces in between the old men's cackle.

Pandabonium said...

I think I'd rather watch the color guard and marching bands and ask someone to take pictures of the sausage and sauerkraut.

On second thought, skip the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Eltigris: SaurKraut...Mmmm I had too much of that to eat day in and day out without choice when a little fuzzball... guess it doesnt hold the same charm...

Now Snabolia .... a land of Snabness in the NW ... I could get into that..