Sunday, November 04, 2007

NWMBC & Verboort Update!

Ok guys, lots has happened this weekend!

***See the Update..to the Update below! (I forgot to mention the 2007 theme was "Good & Evil"...with the Beaniac one of the "Evil" minions!***

First of all, Beaniac's school team took 3rd in the preliminaries, and went on to take 6th overall in the finals (2nd in their class). This was out of 36 bands, of which only 12 moved onto the finals. Yea! They did better than they had in several years...I couldn't find this year's performance, but here's one from 2006 (they have the same uniforms for the band, but different ones for the Color Guard).




As for Verboort...it was a little different, I managed to be first in line again, but barely. In fact, I had such a late start that I was sure I wasn't going to be first...barely arrived before a couple from Pendleton! I got some free sausage, and did another interview for the local girl who's been doing a yearly documentary on the Festival for a couple years now.

The Salsa Garden folks were there, and Snabby showed up a bit later, much the worse for wear after tripping over the curb while helping Beaniac load her flags. It was a good thing too, as I started feeling pretty poorly myself, and ended up throwing up behind the big smokehouse! I left about 1/2 hour before they started selling, so Snabby got the sausage & kraut (with help from the lady from Pendleton-Thank you!). That also put an end to our plan to maybe head out to Corvallis to see the NWMBC finals.

We can look forward to Winterguard though, and that's more fun, since it's just the Flag teams and you don't freeze to death outside in the stands!

UPDATE..for the UPDATE!

Here is a video of the 2007 performance during the 1st competition of the season. I actually saw this performance, and I loved it. Well, you can't help but think everything your own kid does is the best! Anyhoo, although it's a bit rough, (sorry Moody, I'm sure you'll spot all the musical flaws..), they did a much improved version a month later for NWMBC...

8 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

The Verboortians are all very nice. I am quite proud of the MiniSnab's performance as well.

My bio clock is all screwy from getting up early and waking up at 1 am to pick up my daughter from her competition. I likes my patterns...I must be getting older.

The Moody Minstrel said...

We apologize for the repetition appearing in this lifestyle.
We apologize for the repetition appearing in this lifestyle.

Pandabonium said...

Maybe this was not the post to read right after dinner... First there, first to throw up. Sort of like the FIFO method of accounting. (I hope you feel better now.)

Hooray for MiniSnab. Definitely the better performance!

ladybug said...

Panda-Sorry for the "visual" on the description of my illness...I spent the weekend in bed!

Moody-?

Snabby-poor toobee! I hope the knees, thumb, elbows and feet will keep healing-and quickly too! Face Plants are no fun :(

The Moody Minstrel said...

Ladybug,
I was just responding to Don's comment that he likes his patterns and that that's an indication of getting older.

Patterns in my life,
Repetitive like the rain;
The leaves are falling.

Pandabonium said...

Snabby - If liking your patterns includes falling on your face and injuring "knees, thumb, elbows and feet", then there is something more than your bio clock screwed up old bean.

Hope you are well soon too. Jeeze, you guys, I told you the 100 mile trip would be better...

The Moody Minstrel said...

(sorry Moody, I'm sure you'll spot all the musical flaws..)

Yeah, but then again, my school doesn't have a marching band.

Swinebread said...

Great! loved the band and the color guard!