Thursday, November 22, 2007

Getting Your Yearly Arlo


(From Wikipedia)


Well, thanksgiving is here again and one of the things I am thankful for is a tradition at Portland radio station KGON of playing Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant (from album of same name released in 1967) each year. According to my blog post (which, by the way, is the number one Google search if you search for "Alice's Restaurant KGON") from three years ago, the song/story starts at 1 pm Pacific Time. I tried calling KGON on Wednesday, but the office was closed for Thanksgiving.

If you are asleep or miss it at that time, a live version done about 30 years later than the original can be found at Arlo.net. It is different, but still entertaining and it has a few asides which mention more modern events.

If you don't mind registering, you can listen live to KGON here (I DO mind, so I didn't try it).

I am also thankful for all the folks who stop by Snabbytown to read our claptrap. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

6 comments:

ladybug said...

Ha! One of my fav, and most non-fattening family traditions!

And you know we gotta start w/Cinnamon Bear very soon folks!

Swinebread said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pandabonium said...

'Liked the movie as college kid and I have the latest song version with the funny talk at the end about Nixon. Still good fun. I'm thankful for good friends and good blogs. :^)

Isis said...

Thanks for the blast from the past. By the way, actress Tina Chen played a character named "Mari-chan" that movie. She was also in "Three Days of the Condor" as Robert Redford's girl friend.

I like "I don't want a pickle. I just wanna ride on my motorcycle..."

The Moody Minstrel said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Gee...was it Thanksgiving this week?!?)

Dean Wormer said...

Happy late thanksgiving!