Saturday, September 29, 2007

Faster than a...speeding mountain bike!

This video shows a very fast mountain bike run. The good news is he set the world record. The bad news is that this video montage shows everything in video bites without showing the whole thing. Hopefully more will come out later. I was going to show you another mountain bike speed video that ended in the bike disintegrating, but the injuries sustained were a bit much for a family site like this. Well, okay, a somewhat family site. You can search "mountain bike speed" at YouTube if you want to see it.

6 comments:

ladybug said...

Hmmm, the backcountry seems overrun with these daredevils...I blame Lance!

On the other hand, maybe Darwin will take care of the most foolhardy...one can only hope!

(I am so full of schadenfreude this misty moisty morning, that I may need to imbibe some chocolate!)

Pandabonium said...

Ladybug - some guys probably have come to the conclusion that the only way to catch Lance is to ride off a cliff. :)

I'm more impressed by the records set going UP the mountain.

The Moody Minstrel said...

I would have liked it even better if the guy had gone up a ramp and jumped over a dozen Hummers.

Of course it would be even MORE fun if someone set up a giant, spring-loaded bat at the bottom of the course and released it just as the guy came zooming in. Mountain bike baseball, anyone?

*WHACK*
AAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEeeeeeeee.....
HOME RUN!!!!!!!

Dean Wormer said...

I ride my bike like that.

The basket in front tends to cushion my fall if the training wheels break off and I crash.

Swinebread said...

Meh, Real men brake every bone in their body like Evel Knievel

Maximilian Strange said...

Wouldn't be cool if there was a big jump at the bottom and like, went really airborn with it?