Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Only the Shadow Knows



This grainy picture was taken by Minibean's low-end digital camera about 4 hours ago. I woke up the family at just before 3am to view a lunar eclipse. If you saw my solar eclipse post a couple of items down, you will notice that Pandabonium and Maximilian Strange mentioned this lunar eclipse was imminent in the comments. We were lucky enough to have clear skies and it made for a cool, crisp look at the moon with temps down in the 50s F(about 12 C or so). Autumn is in the air!

I stayed up until the moon was a dark red, then I went off to bed (I DO have to work at 7am you know). I'm sure NASA and a few other places probably had better pictures, but I like Minibean's record of the event anyhow!

UPDATE: Here is a slightly better photo of the event.

3 comments:

Swinebread said...

I stayed up and saw it too. I had to walk down the street to see over the trees though.

I always wonder what ancient civilizations thought about this kinda thing.

Pandabonium said...

Dang! Nothing but cloud cover in my part of Japan, which means Moody didn't see it either.

Your picture is cool. It looks like "the crawling eye" or some other spooky monster.

The Moody Minstrel said...

No, I didn't see it, even though we were about the only part of the Kanto Plain in which it didn't rain all evening.

I agree with Pandabonium's last comment. You could probably make loads of dough off that pic if you claim it is a picture you took of a paranormal manifestation in your aunt's basement.