Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ride the Bike, Capture the Flowers

I went out riding on my bike yesterday to enjoy the air and rehabilitate my knee. I rode over to the Nature Park not too far from work and used my cell phone to capture some local flowers. Hopefully, distant Oregonians like DewKid and Moody can use these to commune a bit with the home country. My cell phone camera lense protector mysteriously has a crack in it, so the left part of each picture looks funky. Given that I've only had the camera a week and a half and haven't dropped it, the origins of the crack are a bit of a mystery (which will likely remain unsolved).



Oregon grape in bloom



Some variety of wild violet, possibly Stream Violet



Trillium. Unfortunately, the yellow stamens were completely washed out in this picture. Dang cell phone cameras!



The tiny winged sees and just-formed leaves of the Vine Maple (similar to the Japanese maple)



A blurry flower from what I believe is Fool's Huckleberry



A couple tri-foliate Vanilla Leaf plants just coming up. They should be blooming in a few weeks I think.



Some tender fiddleheads from the prolific Sword Fern plant.



Some kind of tree blossoms. Not sure what they are.

3 comments:

ladybug said...

Considering the cell phone, the pictures are not that bad! Maybe we can check out the Japanese Garden and see if the Wisteria is blooming....


Ruvry!

Pandabonium said...

Cracked lens or no, these are beautiful.

"In wildness is the preservation of the world."

-Henry David Thoreau

The Moody Minstrel said...

In a word,

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........:-)