Thursday, January 04, 2007

Laugh? Cry? I don't know.

A Cthulhu movie should be cool. Even better is that part of it is filmed in Astoria, Oregon. However, the blog (this post over at Wired.com's table of malcontents) that shot me the 411 on this made me lose some sanity points. Check out the headline...

Tori Spelling's Cthulhu Casts Homosexuals As Fish Monsters


I mean, you just can't put all of those disparate things in one headline, can you? Well, can you?

Here is the barren website for the film, Cthulhu the Movie.

And it appears the trailer is here at IMDB.

If someone can morph the image of Tori Spelling and Cthulhu in Photoshop (or other favorite pic editor), I will post it here.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it! I just knew Tori Spelling was a hybid!

This is more about Innmouth isn't it.

The Moody Minstrel said...

It looks to me like they took the story "The Shadow over Innsmouth", set it in Astoria, and gave it the title "Cthulhu" for some bizarre reason.

I think these people need to get their Lovecraft straight...or gay...

Anonymous said...

That looks horrible. Where's the tentacles, the strange angles, and the the insanity loss? What the heck is with the "gay" theme? Brokeback Cthulhu? Yeeeesh.

Hastur! Hastur! Hastur!!!!!!!

Pandabonium said...

Hello Kitty meets Cthulhu.....

http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/

Anonymous said...

I read about 40 of those... my god if my head doesn't hurt.

Say, any of you ever played Arkham Horror? Good game. Reminiscent of the Avalon Hill days of old.

Ai! Ai! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Anonymous said...

Here's a great picture of the boardgame:

Link

Um, which Elder God is that anyway?

The Moody Minstrel said...

Meowlathotep?
Hastpurr?
Yog-Sopaws?
Ctabby?
Cthalico?
Shub-NigguRat-catcher?
Azaclaws?

Oh, no...the Windows! The Windows!

Seymour said...

I don't know, looks like a typical day in Astoria to me. I guess some Hollywood producer had a bad experience at the "Pig and Pancake".

Seymour said...

Meowlatotep-That's some serious funny!

Dean Wormer said...

I actually saw the trailer on Youtube and took it to be satire of the first order.

Turns out it's 100% serious.

Seymour said...

Casting Tori Spelling as Cthulhu is a bold step. Sure to pay off at the box office. heh.

Sean said...

you can see some production stories and a LOT of behind-the-scenes production photos here :

http://astoriamovies.com

it was fun working with them - film
will be out very soon, from Grant.