Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mysteries of the Americas, eh.

Between YouTube and Google Maps, you get a barrel full of fun. I received an interesting e-mail from my brother showing a Native American visage in the landscape listening to an iPod.



Zooming out, we find out that this face is in Canada, not the SW of the US or South America. Take off, eh!

My sister then wondered about the Nazca lines in the dry pampas plains of Peru and sent along these links:

Nazca Lines and Culture

UnMuseum: The Lines of Peru

So I went out on Google Maps and looked for some cool stuff on Las Pampas. Clicking on the image will take you to the proper Google map.

Overall View of some Nazca lines



A criss-cross pattern



I almost see something here...



I found this dragonfly all by myself. :D



Cool stuff. If you can find any of the cooler stuff, leave a link in the comments.

UPDATE: Definitely some cool stuff here.

4 comments:

The Moody Minstrel said...

Here we have proof that crop circles are anything but a recent phenomenon.

;-)

Those Nazca lines are amazing, aren't they? What's really trippy is the amount of detail that went into some of the animal images including one insect that includes features only visible through a microscope...

ladybug said...

It's pretty amazing...of course the theories of why & how these lines came to be range from aliens, refugees from a destroyed Atlantis/Mu (take your pick), goddess-worshipping ancients, etc.

I think it's like Stonehenge, we can take some educated guesses, but it'll always be a mystery.

DewKid said...

That Indian with an iPod is pretty damned cool. I stared at that a long time, trying to see the geology, but I can't get the Indian face out of my mind! Weird.

Dean Wormer said...

I wonder if it looks any different on Google Earth.