Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Remember that Hike?

Some of you probably remember our short-lived expedition into the Cascade Mountains last July. I think I mentioned that we left some of our film in the back of the truck we hitchhiked back to civilization in. Well, we got it back due to the kindness of others! Some of our disposable cameras are still waiting to be used up before being revealed to us, but I thought I would share a few highlights from the trip.



Ladybug and my brother, Colt45, pose in front of Odell Lake with Diamond Peak in the background. Colt45 was a great sport for carting us around. What a great guy!




This is the peak rising out of the waters of Middle Rosary Lake.



Ladybug rests at the end of a 700 foot (about 200 m) climb out of the lake basin. The 3 Rosary Lakes are visible in the foreground as is our starting place, Odell Lake. The whitish streak in the background near the background mountains is Crescent Lake. Diamond Peak is obscured by trees just outside the right side of the picture frame.

7 comments:

ladybug said...

Don't know if ya'll caught it, but I'm wearing the infamous mosquito hat, which saved a small portion of my sanity. Snabby didn't have that luxury.

Which means even at the crest of this hill (or mini-mountaion) the fuggers were still hot and heavy at every stop..

qsbdjcii-a gay Venetian glassblower who specializes in cross-dressing and Mardi Gras themed pieces

Pandabonium said...

I wondered if I'd ever see any of those pics. Wow. Talk about composure. One would think you'd just had a wonderful waltz in the woods, not eaten alive by insect preditors with a guy limping along on a bum knee to boot!

Sure is beautiful country too (viewed through electronic media where the fuggers can't get me).

bglyfnkc - by golly ladybug, you found no knee cure

The Moody Minstrel said...

Hey, I don't see any mosquitos in those pictures!

Captain, he's lyyyyying!

Yes, you are, ya big fibber!

The Moody Minstrel said...

Oh, boy...I'm getting lazy, so I'll punish myself...and now there are more letters in my word verification!

They set out on their new adventure,
Mountains looking like a great denture,
Lakes everywhere; so it would seem.
You'd almost think it was a dream,
X-cept that those buzzing pirahnas,
Knee trouble and hot, dusty dramas
Xplain how they ran away screaming.
Now kind drivers start us again dreaming...

Dean Wormer said...

That looks beautiful.

Weren't you attacked by a bear or something?

Don Snabulus said...

The bears were all killed by mosquitoes.

All these pictures are pre-knee injury, hence the smiles.

atfdv = a new all-terrain government surveillance vehicle.

Fugger said...

Mmmm, you guys look absolutely delicious!! Say, I think I see my best buddy Earl in that first picture. Tasty treats!