Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mooning at the Howlers

I don't really have too much to post about, so I will ramble on aimlessly just to waste your time. When considering the news, I have the same question as this guy at The Onion:

"Was JonBenet the one who shot Joey Buttafucco because he cut off the penis of Tonya Harding's husband, OJ Simpson?"


The knee is healing at nearly glacial speed. No surgery required at this point so I won't have to worry about the cautions that people proffered to me from several different circles. I can start riding my bike to the train (about 1/2 the distance to work) so that will cheer me up a bit. I am still rather bummed about my overly ambitious hiking plans being dashed though. Sigh.

I am trying to fight off interruptions at work long enough to finish this project that must absolutely be done this week (oh, and can you just make these 6 major modifications to this software over here. It shouldn't take much time.). As Emo Philips says, "Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to gnaw through those leather straps."

I can't complain too much though. My little sister got married last weekend to a great guy and their outdoor ceremony was beautiful and touching (especially my poetry reading; that always brings a few tears). The weather is beautiful and dinner was tasty. Sounds like Moody had a great trip to Oz. And Momo has the pulse of the Zeitgeist as always.

I guess I'd better get to work or my big project won't get done this week. Later dudes and dudettes.

13 comments:

DewKid said...

I had no idea JSnab was getting married! Pass much congrats on to her!

Glad to see you have enough energy to comment on the world today. :-)

Take care, and get that danged project done already.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Gee, I'm so glad she told me!

A slow-healing knee is just nature's way of saying...whatever it is it's trying to say...

I'm with Dewkid. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and finish that damned thing!!!! Then you can metamorph into a psychopathic chainsaw murderer.

Don Snabulus said...

cool. I'll need a cameraperson.

ladybug said...

Ok, the visual on that is a bit disturbing, to say the least. Big day today-sign up, picture-taking, schedule-getting High day for mini-snab! I'll let ya know how it goes...

Dean Wormer said...

That was the nicest wedding EVER!

So happy for J.

Leilouta said...

I went to my best friend's wedding this week, guess how much her dress cost?

Seymour said...

Oh my God, Jenny got married? I'm so jealous! She was quite the catch!

You better have pictures of the Wedding, Don, or at least, the garter.



bjblohzh-Ancient God of Persia, presently kicking Jehovah's Ass.

Don Snabulus said...

Leilouta said...

I went to my best friend's wedding this week, guess how much her dress cost?

I'm guessing over $1000 US.

Leilouta said...

$15!!!

Viet said...

WOW ... tel her congrats for me!

The Moody Minstrel said...

I agree, Leilouta. Your friend should get a medal just for showing that it's possible NOT to spend most of your savings and a few vital organs to tie the knot in style.

earzrul - but eyezrkultu...

Pandabonium said...

Glad to hear your knee is on the mend.

I cried at the last wedding I went to. It was my older daughter's, and I was footing the bill....

Riley said...

Wouldn't stomping on the bill make it hard to read?