Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Next Eric Clapton

I've been a good little drone at work and received a nice gift certificate, so I decided to do something frivolous and buy an electric guitar and amp. I haven't played any music in years and no guitar at all other than plunking around on Moody and Pa've's axes a couple decades ago. I still remember a few chords and the Internet has several places to learn more, so what the heck?

As an unrelated sidenote, our Asiaficianados, Moody Minstrel and Pandabonium, have some good stuff on the Chinese New Year (or lunar new year for us loonies). Click their names above for the links.

5 comments:

Pa've said...

Guitar EH? Well, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that. I have a guitar book I could loan you, or, for that matter, you could buy a video and do it that way. On the account of my tightly packed residence, I dare not unload on my guitar for fear of blowing out the windows, but maybe I'll plug in for the sake of it...

Pandabonium said...

Congratulations on the guitar and amp. I know you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of that.

Thanks for the referal. Moody Minstrel and I have made a number of blogging friends from Southeast Asia in recent months, so the Chinese New Year posts are an outgrowth of that. Isn't the internet wonderful?

Pandabonium said...

I hate it when I mispell simple words like "referral".

The Moody Minstrel said...

I hope you have loads of fun with your new friend, Snabbie!

ladybug said...

Lovely links by both Moody & Panda - One of my favorite holidays when I lived in California...never seem to get around to doing much about it here in Stumptown; but personally I've always felt like New Year's really starts w/Chinese New Year/Tet festival/Mardi Gras.

jnjbz-Jamacian slang for "I imbibed too much at Carnival and can't come into work today-especially since it's being Ash Wednesday and all"