Friday, December 02, 2005

Cruisin' the Bear

I found out from commenter Lynne at the Portland MetroBlog that the Portland Spirit has Cinnamon Bear cruises for those who can shell out $24 per adult and $18 per child. The title of this post leads to the URL for the cruises, but the MetroBlog link includes some interesting stuff on the Portland history of the program. Also, Wikipedia has an entry for our bear as well. When Portland decides they are into something, they are loyal for years. We crave a good tradition around here I guess.

On the flip side, SunRiver resorts are using the Cinnamon Bear music in their radio ads and it sounds just plain wrong to me. I like SunRiver and I'm sure it is an honest blunder, but there isn't much about Bend that reminds me of Maybeland.

3 comments:

ladybug said...

That's pretty smurfy, Snabby! I might have to check out this cruise.... or maybe we can just visit the Xmas Ships again this year - at least freezing your butootskie's off in a public park to view some crazy lighted boats in the middle of winter is STILL FREE!

Heerj-a Dutch treat you don't want to try...

Vulgarius said...

Sorry! I had this all confused with a Neil Young song...

DewKid said...

I was just lamenting to my wife the other day about the loss of being able to take the kids to see the Cinnamon Bear. Now I just wish we still lived in Portland!

vxhxbshx - A wiccan curse. If you are looking for wiccan spells, go here. My favorite one is the Owie spell! (but if you have a serious injury, see a doctor. LOL!!)