Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Cause to Celebrate...from Oregon State!!!!!!

Although I do admit they say it's probably not that big a deal.

Apparently dark beers, stouts, porters, and ales may actually be beneficial to your health. They apparently have substantial amounts of flavonids, anti-oxidants that neutralize cell-damaging "free radical" oxygen molecules in your blood.

Any beverage that makes use of hops contains flavonids, but darker, thicker brews are much more richly blessed (in more ways than one).

Despite the potential benefits, however, OSU doesn't recommend suddenly increasing your craft ale intake. You're only liable to end up with a beer gut for your trouble.

4 comments:

the flavonids said...

We will take over and destroy your filthy planet.



gtckca - The front company used by the Flavonids to send disgusting humans to Saturn.

Pa've said...

GACK!

What a relief. I always knew beer was good for you.

Gack!!!!! said...

Hey, you! Don't steal my name!


pkeeiu - I can see you...and I know what you do!

rob said...

Grrr! Don't get me started on Rogue!