Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Stumptown Comics Fest 2005...

...was a great event that you missed.


SCF05


The Portland Comic scene is a great one and this festival showcased some excellent talent. We ended up buying a comic collection from Michel Gagne who had some truly interesting kids books. We also bought an 18th century historical comic by Scott Chantler called Northwest Passage. We also picked up an edition of Steven's Comics and Green Gravel.

The fact that my brother-in-law aired an excellent documentary on the Portland comic scene didn't hurt either. If you like comics, I might be able to get you a DVD of it someday if you ask nicely and if I am able to (NO PROMISES!).

9 comments:

Seymour said...

I want a DVD. Please.

Hee, hee. I can't believe I missed this year's event. I'm pretty good at heading down to the bowels of the Coliseum usually, but this year didn't work out.

Remember, next weekend is the Lovecraft Filmfestival at the Hollywood. All are invited, none shall survive!!!

None Shall Survive!!

HaaaaHaaaaaaa Haaaaaahaaaaaa*choke*haaaaahhaaaaaaa*gasphaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa

hhhhhaaaaaaa Hhaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaa
HaaaaaHaaaaaaaaHaaaaaHaaaa!

Seymour said...

Haaa HHaaaa ahhhh Haaaaaa Haaaaa

Haa Haaaaaaaa Bwhaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Haaaa HHHaaaaaaaaaHaaaa! *wheeze*

HhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAA, HHHaaaaaaaaaaa

hhaa haaaa!

ha, haaaaahhhaaaaa!

*INHALE*

HHHHAAAAAAAAhhhaaaaaaaaa

None Shall Survive. That's funny!

heh!

Some gelatinous voice said...

You fool, Dewkid isn't dead.

Seymour, you need help.

DewKid said...

Mlm? BRING FORTH THE MEAT!!

corncobbob said...

... and CORN!!!

Gack!!!!!! said...

Cannibal!!!!

Hey...my word verification is "burkqa"!! DIE, TOWELHEADS!!!!

Pandabonium said...

I had an old Superman edition that fell in the laundry and got starched. I had to laugh, as it turned into a stand up comic.

off-screen snare drum said...

badum-BUM

ladybug said...

Well, my recommendations are:
Prometha, the ORIGINAL League of Extraordinary Gentlemen -all written by Alan Moore,
Two more, one called Preacher by Garth Ennis (Writer), and another, Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman"
Let's not forget Tom Tomorrow
and, of course, Tintin!