Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunny Day at Mt. Angel!

Well, I've just had about the best day so far someone could have! I left at 7:15 am for Mt. Angel, to meet up with a friend, and later some family members. It was a beautiful drive, and no traffic. I had a great time visiting and meeting her two children for the first time. She was kind enough to let me park in her driveway, and then I walked downtown to meet my sister & dad at the Fructsaule- "the Harvest Monument is a symbol of the boutiful harvest and of the goodness of creation." (from the Schedule of Events pamphlet). This year's theme is Harvesting Joyful Memories..Growing Future Dreams! (Please note, the picture is from last year's festival)



I really like how the vendor booths decorate with hop vines, wheat stalks, and other natural materials from the fall season. Many also include lights, as the festivities continue long after dark on Friday & Saturday. I was excited to meet another friend & her husband, who were working one of the many Knights of Columbus booths. It's serendipity like that really "make my day".

There's so much to see & do (the cool Car Show, the Kinder-garten, Weibentanz, Bier & Wiengartens, The Abbey, the Russian Museum, etc.) that you can really spend the whole day.

Secretly too,I think I really enjoyed this particular visit to Mt. Angel's Oktoberfest as I didn't have the little bean, so I was free to wander & explore as much or as little as I wanted!

13 comments:

Pandabonium said...

Oompah! Let me don my lederhosen and slide over for a beer and sauerkraut. Sounds like fun.

ladybug said...

Hey, I think you can now rent Lederhosen & outfits for the day. It's a store right near the Fructsaule, across from the info booth.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Eigentlich ist das nicht Hans, aber jetzt bin ich so voll mit Eifersucht, daß mein Gesicht grün geworden ist.

Du bist gemein!

Pandabonium said...

Green face is as green face does.

too much beer perhaps.

ladybug said...

Next, I want to go at night, and see the lights and participate in the revelry! Since I don't imbibe much, I'll have to drink some JOLT cola (if that still exists), or some other high caffeine beverage...um Hot Chocolate?

DewKid said...

OH- groß! Jetzt können wir Babel Fischkriege wieder tun. Mindestens sein war ein Babel Fisch für mich, weil ich nicht Deutsches spreche. Bagel sind ein Geheimnis.

Was ist der Heck sjbgqhhh?

Yun-Cai said...

香蕉在哪裡是?

Some Guy said...

I got yer banana..... RIGHT HERE!!

Musashi said...

いったい何言っているの、この野郎。

Anonymous said...

Eltigris Growlies: ich bin ein Tiki god at OktoberFest.... sacrifice all your bier to Sie!

some fraud said...

(Insert random inane and totally pointless political comment)

(Next, insert something that includes the word "hqrdh")

Pandabonium said...

I don't know why, but the comments on this blog always provide a very clear example of entropy - which is my middle name.

Relatively Exact said...

Panda Entropy Bonium??!?

That sounds almost as nasty as "srlyhiuf"!