Saturday, September 17, 2005

Fort Bean Update

I realize this is not the most exciting blog subject but since building a fort is more fun than sitting behind a keyboard, I didn't have much of a choice. It got too dark to show you, but the roof is framed and the plywood is nailed down. For this winter I am going to use roofing felt (tarpaper) overlain by a tarp to keep the rain out. I will figure out a roofing material next year. I may tarp the walls too depending on time and weather; I'm not sure yet.

4 comments:

DewKid said...

Actually, I find this topic more interesting than most. I built a gate to replace our rotting old gate, and that turned out to be a lot of fun. I still sometimes go out and look at the gate, just to look at it.

Then again, I can be easily amused, as proven by Corn Cob Bob (still a fairly active blog), and my infinite amusement with the words generated by Blogspots word verification system.

Hmmm, gbecwowg isn't all that amusing after all....

ladybug said...

Well, I've sure enjoyed seeing a project come to life. I think the bean & her friends will like it too.. hope it doesn't become infested w/spiders too much, or it'll be my job to clean them out accompanied by the scream fest only a gaggle of girls can make!

DewKid said...

In all truth, I'm just as likely to scream if there is a spider. I usually let my wife handle such matters....

Currently, we have a monster spider making its home in the eaves above our front door. Probably about as big as a silver dollar (including the legs), and so you can bet that I look up every time to make sure it is not going to drop on me when I leave or come home. It usually only sets up shop at night (better bug hunting, I guess), and climbs into a hole in the corner during the hot dry day.

In any case, I look forward to updates on Fort Bean!

Pandabonium said...

I've got some palm fronds to sell you....