Friday, July 29, 2005

Transition is Complete

Well, my host transfer of Snabulus.com from Hurrah.com to EcoSky.com is complete. It wasn't without inconveniences, but the new setup is a good one and hopefully a reliable one. My plan was to make the DNS changes tonight, but the Hurrah.com server went down on Thursday morning, so I decided to make the transition more quickly. Luckily, I had already entered all the e-mail boxes and aliases when necessary.

If you head over Snabulus.com, you will be hitting a server connected to 3 kilowatts of solar panels connected to the electrical grid and using PGE's renewable energy option (which I personally believe is an Enron scam to siphon money from good people, but I digress). Unfortunately, writing crap in this weblog and real life have combined to make Snabulus.com pretty static. The nature pics are always nice though. If you want any as desktop backgrounds, etc., let me know your screen resolution and I will laugh in your face try to accomodate you.

Side Note: Ladybug and I ate at an absolutely wonderful Indian restaurant called the Curry Leaf. Oh my, these folks know how to make GOOD food. I still feel satisfied in my belly 5 hours later. Ladybug had a Butter Chicken Curry and I had a curry with salmon. There was a great Hyderabad chicken appetizer and the garlic naan bread was very...real. The prices are great right now too (possibly because they are a new business). Check them out!

7 comments:

The Moody Minstrel said...

Well, I have noticed one thing about the newly-rehosted Snabulus website. It seems to load up faster than before, particularly the photos.

Corn Cob Bob said...

I applaud your switch to an Eco-friendly ISP! Hurrah!

(I wonder if they make a good Corn Curry?)

Some Drunk said...

CCB, I applaud your support of ethanol! *hic*

Foster Brooks said...

Well, solar is ff-fine, and duuuuuu-dandy, but my webshlurp we we we web site gets loaded fu- uh -fu - ffaster on ethanol.

Some Neo-Con Fundie said...

Alright, that's it. This blog is going wayyyyyyyyy over the line! We have an obligation to uphold certain standards in this country and keep our children safe from unwholesome influences!


The Corn Cob Bob character has GOT to go!

Seymour said...

Corn Cob Bob has already come and gone. Check your food supply neo-con fundie. Buurrrrghhhh! There, he came again! Better get the butter!

Some neo-con fundie said...

Oh, really, Seymour? And WHAT, pray tell, are you planning to use that butter for?

Oops, I ended a sentence with a preposition. How #gasp# LIBERAL of me!