Tuesday, June 14, 2005

1000 Hits

OK, I've been very quite as of late, but I had to contribute this bit on Snabby. I've been watching baseball for the past two years with more interest than I have for some time. Tonight, about 90 minutes ago, I had the pleasure of hearing, (on the radio), Ichiro, of the Seattle Mariners, hit a line drive on the second pitch at the start of the bottom half of the first inning. This may not sound too amazing until you stop to think that this is Ichiro's 1000th hit during his baseball career. Truely stunning.

update: The Mariners go on to win 3-1 over the Phillies. Go Mariners!

2 comments:

The Moody Minstrel said...

Ichiro is definitely one of the most successful Japanese imports to date.

No Japan wonders how they'll ever get him back...

Don Snabulus said...

Ichiro rocks! Glad he is on the almost local team.