Friday, January 28, 2005

How About a Nice, Close-To-Home Haunting?

With all this talk about hauntings in other parts of the U.S., different eras, and perhaps at the family homes of certain people we know, I thought it might be nice to share some info on a well-known haunted house (two, actually) right in the vicinity of most of the regulars on this site.

I actually visited the McLoughlin House in my elementary school days on a field trip. All I remember is that it was a big house full of cool, 19th-century stuff. I think we might have scared the ghosts away.

Incidentally, the linked website also has links to descriptions of a couple of other haunted houses in Oregon. One of them, the Heceta House, is well known to me as I've been there many times (but never inside).

Do you know of any other cool (supposedly or possibly) haunted places?




3 comments:

Vulgarius said...

The Shanghai Tunnels! Portland used to have the only truly 24X7 coverage for ships crews up until 1941 when the US Navy shut them down as too many sailors and ship yard workers were disappearing. They also have probably dozens of opium dens and slave trade holding cells. Portlands own Hades. Tours are available...and creepy.

Anonymous said...

Ghosts:

Leave us alone or we will haunt your dreams.

The Moody Minstrel said...

You already are! Or didn't you know that?


Uh, oh...FRAUD ALERT!!!!!