Monday, December 20, 2004

A Good Old Band Does an Even Older Song

This definitely appears to be cover season. It seems like a lot of the "new" tunes hitting the airwaves (and used as BGM for TV commercials) are actually old tunes being covered by new groups. However, the veterans are apparently getting into the act, as well.

I don't know...maybe this beloved band of our teen days was inspired by Rush's Feedback EP. Maybe they were just hit by a wave of nostalgia. At any rate, it's true that the idea of this particular band covering this particular song seems too twisted not to be a nightmare, but check it out anyway. It's surprisingly cool.

(Light up...everybody...)

7 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Are you insinuating that I'm a walrus?

I mean, that would start quite a flap.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Come on, Mr. Snabby! Get off your Pedestal of Hypersensitivity and get a real (as opposed to inflatable) life! I am not, and have never been, insinuating that you are a walrus.

Of course, I'm not insinuating that you're NOT a walrus, either...

Don Snabulus said...

(Sigh) Nobody took my invitation for punnery.

I am sure Walrus puns were only a whisker away. Now I shall have to wallow in my own self-pity.

(Still thinking of a way to make a Styx pun, but I got nothing)

Anonymous said...

Relatively Exact narration:

Snabby styx his finger in his ear and ponders his next literary move...

Anonymous said...

Philrod Piddlewaif:

I've noticed that few people have been taking up ANY invitations that have been posted here in recent days. By jove, where have they all gone? Has our readership dwindled to a mere trickle, or are they all just too apathetic to bother writing a reply?

Either way, it's inconsequential!

Don Snabulus said...

Curtain slowly draws:

Its the Moody and Snabby show!!!!!!!!

(Moody and Snabby dance off stage)

The Moody Minstrel said...

Oh, we're the blogpage chorus.
We hope you like our show.
We know you're rooting for us,
But now we have to go-ohhhhhhhh...