Thursday, September 23, 2004

Get Well, Mark O. Hatfield

Hatfield suffers head injury in fall

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Former U.S. Sen. Mark Hatfield is in intensive care with a head injury he suffered after helping to open a building named in his honor in Bethesda, Md., a family spokesman said.


I feel kind of bad. Mark Hatfield wrote a letter to the Oregonian that I took issue with. I wrote a letter to the editor that, I believe, set the record straight on some of what I saw as problems with his editorial. Then he has this terrible accident at his daughter's home.

I can only hope for a swift and full recovery and that, if the paper prints my rebuttal, it does not cause difficulty for his family. Although not a Republican myself, I really think of Mark Hatfield as one of the good guys and someone who brought good things to Oregon.

Get well soon, Mr. Hatfield!

Update: Well, it appears that the paper did not print my letter, which is kind of a relief. Those that they did print (that I agreed with) were more eloquent and better conveyed my thinking anyway. So, yeah.

2 comments:

DewKid said...

At least you didn't say " ... and may you suffer a head wound ..." in your letter. That probably wouldn't have gone over very well. :-P

Don Snabulus said...

Good point. Dodged a bullet there. Phew! (Sounds like he is doing better with no permanent damage)