Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Life in the Land of the Rising Snabulus

Testing, one, two, three, your number is SIX...

Okay, this is just a test shot to make sure I've figured this thing out. Now that I've been welcomed into the Snabulus family (which, up till now, has consisted of ONE), I guess there will be a lot more where this came from. Hopefully it will be more meaningful, too.

So, how are things right now in these oh-so-enchanted (and polluted) islands? Right when the government is trying to revise the national pension system (Japan's version of Social Security), several prominent actors, musicians, and politicians have come forward and admitted they've never paid their premiums. Meanwhile, the beloved Crown Princess is apparently suffering from chronic depression (and, according to information leaked from palace staff, has apparently attempted suicide) because of the pressure on her to produce a male heir. At the same time, the nation is reeling at the news that a 6th-grade girl in Nagasaki cut the throat of a classmate with a box cutter because of something she posted on a web bulletin board.
(Oops...)

Presidential elections? What are those???

(Stay tuned for more from the Land of the Rising Sun!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Philco Prattlescaife:

Intangible!

Anonymous said...

From Exacting Relatives:

Those sound like the Japanese equivalent of Martha Stewart and Scott Peterson. Althout I'd be willing to bet that world affairs coverage is much better in Japan than America.

Anonymous said...

Gharkkk! says:

If you like Japan so much, you ought to stay there. Obviously you hate America so much you can't stand to be here...while people I've heard of, but not me personally, are risking their lives in Iraq. You disgust me.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Okay, you got me.

Don Snabulus said...

I couldn't help myself. :D

Anonymous said...

Seymour sez...
What's with the sign-up business? I'll post anonymously and save thousands of Federation Credits. Ha ha, I found a loop-hole in your plans for World Domination. Suckers!

Hi Kevin! Nice to see a guest blogger with a decent haircut. I don't want to know what Don offered you in exchange for your wisdom. I bet it involves meat, though.

Don Snabulus said...

Who is Kevin? I know only the Moody Minstrel. Mwahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Pathetic:

Oh, I'll bet you know him! Mmmhmmlbmmglbmpmmnpt
***BLUTT***

uhhhhhhhhhhh.........