Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Fun Link for the Day

Here's a page to see outtakes from the 1934 SEARS catalog. You can click on the individual pages to enlarge.
Check out the prices-you could buy a dress for less than a dollar!
At the bottom of the page there is a link back to to the "Costumer's Manifesto", which has every historical period around the world and under the sun, plus links for EVERYTHING related to costuming/sewing; so even if the 1930's doesn't turn you on, perhaps another time period will!
Heck maybe I can now get those black leather thigh high 18th century pirate boots I've always wanted......

2 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Aarrrrrrgh! Shiver me timbers!

The Moody Minstrel said...

Hmm...I wonder what kind of quality control and customer satisfaction guarantees Sears had back then. I remember that, in the "good ol' days", Sears actually had a very good reputation.

But I sure took a lot of crap for wearing Sears jeans in my junior high school days...