Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Dragonfly II



I saw another little buckaroo in the garden today; this time a red one. This time I got smart and used the sky as a backdrop. I had to keep slapping the cat away because he wanted to eat the dang thing. Luckily the dragonfly came back a couple of times after I administered feline discipline.

Update: The cat still nuzzles up to me like a French whore, so I trust that my nose smacking has not damaged him physically or mentally.

2nd Update: No, I do not mean PM Jacques Chirac...it was merely a colorful metaphor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone who is not a photographer:

What kind of camera were you using for that? Was it digital or chemical? If the latter, what kind of film?

Don Snabulus said...

Digital...Nikon Coolpix 995. Automatic settings because the instruction book is 200 pages. :)

Vulgarius said...

Nice Pix. My yard is swarming with them. Big one too. I think its due to the new fence construction. It must run the food supply out of hiding when I hack through the blackberry hedgerow.

Vulgarius said...

http://tinyurl.com/35p4a

Don Snabulus said...

I'll get some good overhead shots when I figure out how the manual zoom works...provided I find some more gullible dragonflies.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Gee....maybe I should try getting a similar picture of one of those two-inch-long hornets we have around here.